The American Academy of Appellate Lawyers (AAAL) occasionally files briefs as an amicus curiae ("friend of the court") to express views on important issues affecting the appellate process.
- Proposed Academy Amicus Brief in Hamer v. Neighborhood Housing of Chicago (March 13, 2017)
- Terrance Williams v. Pennsylvania
- Hugh M. Caperton, Et Al. v. A.T. Massey Coal Co., Et Al.
- Mohawk Industries, Inc. v. Norman Carpenter, No. 08-678
- Mountain Enterprises, Inc., v. Daniel R. Fitch and Gregory Adam Plumley, Co-administers of the Estates of Tyler Fitch and Harley Fitch, Deceased, Daniel R. Fitch, Individually, Jerry Galloway, Individually and D/B/A Galloways’ Trucking, and Billy D. Kirk